Sunday, April 18, 2010

Not Satisfied

I've been doing a lot of research the past several weeks, mostly via the internet, on Mormons, Mormon beliefs, Mormon history, Mormon myths, Mormon missionaries, Mormon anythingyoucanthinkof! The more I read the more I feel unsatisfied with the beliefs I have been raised with. Why are there so many HUGE parts of our religion that are not regularly taught in church. For example, what is up with polygamy being part of my eternal progression. I am NOT okay with that! In fact I did not even learn this vital part of my salvation until I was a married adult. It angered me when I first heard about it. I felt hugely protective of my husband and my marriage. The only way that I found myself able to move on from it was to convince myself that God would work it all out in the next life or that my feelings would certainly change once I was to that point in the afterlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment